New UBDSS president elected

We are pleased to announce that Emily Tucker has been elected as the new president of the University of Bristol Dental Students Society (UBDSS).  A huge thanks goes to the outgoing president Theo Stennett for his hard work throughout the last year.

Emily commented shortly after being elected:

Emily Tucker

I feel incredibly honoured to be elected as the new president of the University of Bristol Dental Students Society this year. I am eager to begin working together with staff and students alike in driving change and helping to improve the student experience here at Bristol. I would like to take the opportunity to thank all students that voted, I understand this role to be a great responsibility and my promise to the student body is that I will do my best to represent you with transparency and enthusiasm.

In particular I would like to work this year to further integrate the year groups through social and course related events, continue work to maintain the dental bar and cafe as student facilities, support pre-clinical students in their transition to clinical and to help students tackle the stresses of student life by pushing for more support and mindfulness opportunities. As well as addressing any other issues affecting students.

We’ve got an amazing committee which makes me certain that the year ahead will be a good one.

The UBDSS 2016/17 Committee is as follows.

President: Emily Tucker
Vice President: Lauren Fern
Secretary: Alex Gormley
Treasurer: Arran Cheema
Social secs: Harpreet Johal and Simrat Dhanjal
Bar managers: Lynsey Summers aka ‘the flying Scotsman’ and Neel Sethi
Sports rep: Naz Saghafian
Charity rep: Kayleigh Swainson
Captain of the Oral Intruders: Chris Bayles
Education rep: Sarah Alwan